Zig Travel collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Zig Travel’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Zig Travel’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Zig Travel may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Zig Travel also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. Zig Travel only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Personal Data Collection
In the course of providing Services, Zig Travel collects, stores, uses, and processes data, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) through various tools and software, for the sole purpose of doing business.
Whenever personal information is required, we will explicitly ask you to supply it. You, as traveler, meeting attendee, or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as:
- Names and contact information (work and home/mobile phone, fax, email, address);
- Traveler and emergency contact names and information;
- Traveler preferences and trip details (e.g. frequent flyer data, hotel loyalty membership numbers and date, transportation membership data (rail, rental car, transfer company), seat and meal preferences, special accommodation requests, and any other personal data supplied by you via your profile.
- Travel documentation (e.g. passport numbers, visa numbers, driver’s license numbers, TSA and Global Entry numbers, citizenship, date of birth, gender);
- Payment data (corporate/personal credit cards) and bank information; and
- Logins, user IDs, passwords, IP addresses, and browsing information, specifically for Frequent Flyer accounts and hotel loyalty accounts.
Whenever personal information (name, address, credit card numbers, etc.) is required, we will explicitly ask you to supply it, including through email, phone and other communication channels. In order to protect your personal data, we ask you to not send us credit card information or other similar personal data to us via email.
We may also collect personal data from other sources, for example the company or sports team on which behalf you are traveling or on which behalf you are employed.
Uses of Personal Data
Zig Travel uses personal data to do the following:
- Provide its Services and fulfill its obligations to you, your company, your sports team, and travelers. These items include, for example, booking travel services (flights, transfers, accommodation, tours, and cruises), assisting in managing the travel, and providing reporting.
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, and phone or via Zig Travel’s website or applications in order to provide you with customer service, to give you updates on your travel, updates on your account, and inform you of changes to our products and services.
- Fulfill a request made by you or your employer for things such as financial reporting, responding to questions, or other such requests involving your personal data.
- Send you marketing emails, and other information or materials that may interest you. You may opt out of all emails and marketing materials by sending contacting our offices at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
Sharing of Personal Data
Zig Travel will not intentionally sell or disclose any personal information about you or your travel plans to any other persons, organizations, or companies known to collect such information expressly for the purposes of delivering unsolicited email or illicit materials. Your personal information may be divulged when required by law or when protecting the legal rights and/or property of Zig Travel.
Zig Travel may share and disclose personal data to:
- Zig Travel employees, and its affiliates, partners, subcontractors, and agents as necessary to fulfill and support the Services, including travel bookings and assistance, ticket issuance, responding to requests, and emergency situations.
- Third party service providers to complete travel and related arrangements and reservations and fulfill the Services. These businesses may include Global Distribution Systems (GDSs); airlines, trains, rental car and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines, tour providers, vacation rental managers, and destination suppliers for the purposes of booking/ticketing travel. Third party service providers may also include visa and passport providers, travel insurance providers, online booking tool providers, credit card companies and various payment collection and processing companies.
- Companies we work with to support our business to provide us with ancillary services such as online itinerary creation, fulfillment, data storage, statistical analysis, technology, development, and credit checks.
- Your company or sports team for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary under a contract or arrangement we may have with your company, including those of its personnel to whom we are requested to send or provide such personal data.
- Third party service providers to which you or your company request we send personal data.
- Other third parties as we believe reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
Storage and Protection of Personal Data
Typically, Zig Travel stores personal data on its servers managed internally and with third party providers.
Zig Travel uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data we hold on our network and systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, and alteration.
Although Zig Travel makes every effort to protect your data and personal information, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet or through text messages. Any information transmitted over the internet or through text messages, you do so at your own risk.
Zig Travel makes every effort to protect the security of our network and systems, but we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity related to your personal data.
Third Party Websites
Your Personal Data Rights
You may choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to Zig Travel. If you decide not to provide some data, then there is a possibility that your Services will be affected. At any time, you have the right to access your personal data. You have the right to correct errors. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your personal data. You also have the right to update your email communication preferences at any time.
If Zig Travel, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Zig Travel goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Zig Travel may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Zig Travel is committed to providing accessibility on our website for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant and most up-to-date accessibility standards. We have done our best to ensure zig-travel.com conforms with The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers on zig-travel.com by calling us at 305-753-5224 or by emailing us at EK@zig-travel.com.